Strategic Consulting Group Inc’s Support Statement applies to clients who are entitled to unlimited support under contract for their web presence and/or web application solutions hosted by our firm. The Support Statement is intended to offer clarity on what is and is not included under the auspices of unlimited support.
Our Support Statement has been created through years of learning what our clients usually require from us to make the most of their investments in our IT solutions, and is based upon a few principles:
- Our desire to build a long-term relationship with your organization.
- Our desire to make your IT as simple as possible.
- Our desire to offer best practices and solutions across our client base.
- Our desire to provide a cost-effective unlimited support offering for clients – while balancing time spent per client.
- Our desire to ensure our definitions of unlimited support are consistent across our client base.
What’s Covered in Unlimited Support
Generally speaking, the purpose of unlimited support is to provide you with directions on how to use your web presence and/or web application systems, or to resolve errors or technical issues to bring your systems back to the same functionality as they were upon your go live date. This would include, but isn’t limited to:
- Providing steps for you to follow to perform a specific task on the system.
- Providing advice to you on the best practices to use the system to meet a requirement you have or to achieve a goal.
- Assisting you with password resets if you are locked out or if your organization requires access changes.
- Diagnosing the cause of an error message you receive or the cause of you reporting that the system is not performing as expected.
- Internally taking reasonable steps to ensure that your system is protected from intrusion and is backed up regularly.
- Internally taking care of updates and patches to your systems.
What’s Not Covered
The following is a non-exhaustive list of things that would be considered to be outside of your unlimited support agreement:
- Assisting you with issues or questions with your computer, applications on your computer, or your internet connection (with the exception of verifying that your internet connection is not being blocked by our firewall).
- Doing administrative work on the systems we provide for you (such as making website content changes, uploading documents or lists, or developing and customizing graphics for you.)
- Performing further customizations of the design or functionality of your system beyond what your system state was upon your go live date.
- Configuring your computer or mobile device to access emails (beyond verifying that your device is not blocked by our firewall). Configuration instructions are provided on a best effort basis on our website.
- Providing technical support for an enterprise collaboration suite such as G Suite, or Microsoft 365 (beyond managing accounts and access for your organization and verifying that the enterprise collaboration suite is correctly linked to your domain).
- Diagnosing and resolving email deliverability issues such as your messages going into spam folders.
We may, at our sole discretion, choose to assist you at no cost to you on an item which is deemed to not be included in unlimited support. If we choose to do so, we do so on a one-time basis only – it does not guarantee you support for this or a similar issue in the future.
The list of what is and is not included is not exhaustive. We may, at our sole discretion, determine what is and is not included in unlimited support on a case by case basis upon your request. There will be no cost to you in the determination of whether something is included or not.
If Something Isn’t Included, Can You Still Assist?
We would be more than happy to assist you with your request or concern even if it is not included in unlimited support. If the matter is a one-off, you will be billed for any time spent on the matter at our current rate (presently $150/hour plus GST and subject to change at any time) invoiced in 15-minute increments. We may agree to negotiate a different rate with you for your request or concern.
If you have regular needs beyond what is within the scope of support, consider our Remote IT Support Services offering.