When your new email account hosted by Strategic Consulting Group Inc. is setup, you may wish to get started by logging into Webmail in order to change your password and set up your personal preferences. This tutorial will walk you through how to log in for the first time.
In order to set up your email account, you’ll need to know your email address, and the password for it (this was provided to you either by Strategic Consulting Group Inc. directly, or by your website administrator).
Note: if you attempt to log in using incorrect credentials, our system will lock you out after five attempts. This will mean that you will no longer be able to see any website or application hosted by our company. If this happens, please send us an email and we will unlock your account.
To login to your webmail, go to https://strategicconsultinggroup.ca/webmail and enter the username and password you have been provided. When you log in, you will see:
To read your email click Roundcube
Roundcube is a application on our server that allows you to read your email and is very feature rich (supports folders, search, photos, rich text etc.)
If you wish, you can also view your email from your computer using a email client (eg. Microsoft Outlook, Apple Mail etc.). Most clients will automatically configure to get your email. Contact us if you need specific help setting this up. In general, the settings you’ll need are:
- Account Type: IMAP
- Username: your email address
- Password: as sent to you
- Incoming/Outgoing Server: server.strategicconsultinggroup.ca
- SSL is required for both outgoing and incoming servers.
Specific instructions for setting this up on your iPhone are at the bottom of the page.
If you plan to use Roundcube for reading email on your computer, you may want to set up a few common settings. More information is here.
Other features of the home page
On the home page you can also access a number of features. These are listed as buttons on the classic view, and are under the dropdown menu below your email address in the modern view. With these features you can:
- Password and Security – change your password
- Forwarding Options – forward this email account to another email account of your choosing (e.g.. your personal email)
- Autoresponders – set automatic replies if you are going to be away and not checking the account.
- Configure Mail Client – this area contains instructions for setting up your computer’s mail client (eg. Outlook) to get your email, or your phone to get your email.
- Configure Contacts and Calendars – this area contains instructions for syncing your compute’s calendar and contacts list with your email.
- Email Filtering – this area allows you to set rules for how your incoming email is sorted (eg. move emails from email@example.com to a folder called “President”).
- Update Contact Information – this area allows you to set what is shown for contact information to you for other email users in your organization.